Shawn T. L. Acker
CIO, Principal Consultant
Info Risk Group LLC
After working in the Information Security field for the over 15 years Shawn established Info Risk Group LLC in 2011. The corporation now provides services to clients throughout the Americas in the following fields.
- Security Assessment
- GLBA Safeguard Assessments
- HIPPA Privacy and Safeguard Assessments
- Information Security Standard and Policy Reviews
- Customized Security Program Development / Risk Analysis
- Ethical Hacking - Network, System and/or application level penetration testing
- Technical Investigations
- Forensic Analysis of Networks and Systems
- Litigation support
- Incident Response to information security events.
- Ethical Hacking, Forensics, Incident Response
- Legal issues with respect to Electronic Discovery
Shawn T. L. Acker is an internationally recognized security professional with experience in a wide variety of E-Business security topics including the following: incident response plan development, technical investigations, Internet security analysis, Internet presence design with respect to firewall and intrusion detection systems, biometrics, public key infrastructures, security policy and standards development, penetration testing and network architecture analysis.
Having worked for one of the largest financial firms in the world, Fidelity Investments, and the largest onsulting firm in the world, PricewaterhouseCoopers, he has experienced both the consulting and "real world" business side of IT security. Before leaving PwC, he was focused on developing their worldwide cybercrime response group. In this position he managed the development of incident response methodologies and forensic practice aids. Shawn was PwC worldwide subject matter expert on Cybercrime.
Shawn Acker left PwC to become one of the founding members of Info Risk Group LLC headquartered in Tampa, Florida.
Future Speaking Engagements
- April 22-23, 2006, Search.org - Advanced Internet Investigations – Topic: Firewalls and Intrusion Detection
Recent Speaking Engagements
- Feb 21, 2002, NJ Information Systems Audit and Control – Topic: Auditing Windows 2000
- April 30, 2002, ISI Forum on Info Security in Government, Washington D.C. – Topic: Cybercrime
- June 18, 2002, NYSIA Security & Privacy Rights SIG, New York City, NY – Topic: Cybercrime
- June 25, 2002, Vanguard’s 16th Annual Security Expo 2002, Anaheim, CA – Topic: Windows XP Security Overview
- July 23, 2002, II FORO INTERNACIONAL DE NEGOCIO ELECTRONICO, Caracas, Venezuela – Topic: Seguridad en e-Business (Security in E-Business)
- November 6, 2003, Symantec SecureXchange, Washington D.C. – Topic: Computer Forensics
- February 26, 2003, Information System Audit and Control South Florida Chapter, Ft. Lauderdale, FL – Incident Response and Computer Forensics
- March 2-3, 2006, Southeast Cybercrime Summit, Atlanta, GA – GLBA: Safeguarding Financial Institutions
- Development of PwC worldwide Cybercrime Prevention and Response group and development of incident response methodologies and forensic practice aids
- Cyber Incident investigations for Fortune 500 companies. The incidents included issues such as, internal theft, Internet hacking, intellectual property theft and copyright and trademark violations.
- Performed SAS 70 and SAS 65 technical audits
- Technical security audits of Microsoft Windows NT/2000/XP and Novell Netware for Fortune 500 companies
- Technical audit of Firewall Infrastructure, Web monitoring methodology and virus response plan for a fortune 500 insurance company.
- Successful Attack and Penetration projects against numerous Fortune 1000 companies.
- Security Controls audit of numerous hosting companies using Microsoft Windows and IIS.
Masters of Business Administration, Suffolk University, 1999
Bachelors Degree, Computer Engineering, Old Dominion University. 1993
Offering Information Security and Risk Management services to companies throughout the Americas.